Madilyn Bailey 4-9-17

Emma here :)

Let's talk covers real quick (no, not the picture on the front of the album). I mean remakes. I know the other day I talked about Chris Holfelder who is a cover artist, but there's something about listening to covers of a song, you ask, why? Why not just listen to the original?

Let me introduce Madilyn Bailey. She's a cover artist. But honestly something about her music is so beautiful that you look at a song in a whole new light after hearing her version. Lemme give an example.

First listen to Sia's version of the song She Wolf.




Now Madilyn Bailey.






I listened to Sia's version first and it's great. I love the beat and the drop from the dub step/amped section to piano and the extra, quirky section that most Sia songs have with just synthesizers.

The cover version has more of an emphasis on lyrics and Madilyn Bailey's voice is just beautiful. She's got a belting voice, she doesn't jump to her falsetto, except for emphasis at the high end or when the guitar gets softer. It's beautiful.

I really like this and I feel it


Comments

Popular Posts