After The Storm 4-7-17

Emma here :)


If you're anything like me there is a playlist of songs that are just your go to when your day just turns sour. Or maybe it's just that one song that when you're upset it just sorta helps for some unknown reason.

I'm going to share one of my comfort songs.

But there will come a time you'll see, 
with no more tears and love will not break your heart 
but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there 
with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.
-After the Storm


After The Storm by Mumford & Sons***(info about album at bottom of post)

This song seems to sooth my head. It's a beautiful mesh of passionate vocals and soft undertones with a low key beat. It's a song that when you listen to it, you feel gentle and let out a long breath. It's a song I've grown up with.

This songs lyrics are a beautiful reminder. There's a place for you in this world. You're going to find wisdom and it'll adorn you like flowers. And when you discover love, real love, it will be healing for you and any anxiety or fear you may be feeling will be gone. You'll look back on your life and see a beautiful journey and still have things to look forward to in the future.

For me this song is very close to me because whenever it's loud or at school when people were just cursing and yelling at each other, I put this song on and close my eyes. Relish the pure sound of this, blocking out the world. Which is exactly what a song should do. Block out the world and calm your heart. And this song has always been a go to song for bad days, when I'm angry or scared or just sad, it just is like a balm.

I encourage you to listen to this with your eyes closed and let out a long breath. What do you feel of when you hear this? And if you've heard this song before, what was your initial reaction and has it had any impact on you?



*** The album Sigh No More came out in 2009. A lot of arpeggio and complex guitar along with subtle banjo which adds an overall  folk sound. There are a lot of beautiful and insightful songs like this one including The Cave, Sigh no More, Awake my Soul and Timshel, along with the band's hit song Little Lion Man. I also encourage you to look at the album Babel if you like Sigh No More.

Comments

Popular Posts